01-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #19
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacGT View Post
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'm still really stuck decision wise. I don't want the extra expense of the 530D albeit I'm sure I'd enjoy the drive. This is a 'sensible' option. The e89 35i was my mad option. I still love this car, but keep looking forward and thinking (as I'm 42 now) as I approach my mid 40's do I still want to be thrown around in a roadster, or have a bit of comfort... I feel proper grandad/pipe and slippers when I read that back!
Maniac, I can understand. My lease budget didn't stretch further than the 520d and I ordered it without testdriving it although I was very sceptical.

But I was pleasently surprised and after one year of driving, I can only state that positive emotions prevail. This is a damned good and refined car! I'am convinced also that this car has a world class leading value/price ratio which is way better than any other car to my opinion (also your Z4).

My 520d also had his moments of tire screaming fun in the German black woods and the French alps last year. On long straigths on the NordSchlieffe, it gets out of steam rather fast, but on serpentines in 2nd to 3rd gear on open roads, it wil also make you smile very often. The moments I feel the poke is falling short are surpsingly limited.

Remember the package is a sublime cruiser and it is very frugal (on your wallet) to. The 520 ED is most probably the most intelligent car choice in the world today! Really... what an impressive car the 520d is!
Appreciate 0