01-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #4
donniemcm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mit View Post
"...Like most of good black box, it will switched on once the car is started or when the car is "opened" as its powered by the car cigarete lighter (for the easy installation)
..."
I'm using the Korean SIV H7 blackbox...but my 10' F10's 12V remains always on even after turning off the engine and having the car locked( that's strange if your socket turned off with the engine switch?!). I know how to solder a bit and can make a switch along the wire....but I'm afraid I'm bound to forget to switch off the blackbox one day and drain the battery to death...So just make myself a battery using 4 li-ion batteries connected in series to power it. Have to charge it at home every 3-4 days, troublesome isn't it?
Does your blackbox have a park in feature? Some do have it an allow "offline" recording.
But if yours is connected to the cigarette lighter plug, switching off your car should cut the power too. Or maybe it means your car is not correctly switched off
My device was coming with this power pack thingy http://www.caidrox.com/eng/Powerpack.pdf
It allows to do what I mentioned above and it can apparently avoid to empty your battery.

As for my videos, I need to find the time to get relevant-with no interesting passenger talks-with day & night ones.
And then to upload them
Appreciate 0