View Single Post
      04-19-2010, 04:38 AM   #94
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
To me, the only downside to running the sport mode, it locked out 8th gear. So even at motorway speeds, wouldn't let me select 8th.

So logically, even cruising you'll use more fuel, as well as through the gears.

So we get even more complicated, if you want the slightly tauter feel of the steering, etc, but are just cruising. There will be a compromise... unless the car can be configured slightly different. Back to that I-Drive menu.

HighlandPete
Yes, the point made by my SE is that with VDC and i-drive configuration, one can configure the chassis alone without affecting the transmission (instead of only having the toggle button on sport mode without the i-drive chassis configuration). I would prefer to tighten the chassis rather than revving the transmission for usual driving.

HighlandPete, I believe you will, but can you pls check whether the i-drive on the 535i only shows the chassis picture on the screen (without any ability to configure it), or whether it can configure tightening it (when it may not have the VDC?); and whether it has VDC, and if so, why not the comfort mode? if not, why the suspension appeared different? Thanks

ps I have asked my SE to check on the display 535i which has only sport/normal on the toggle button but the i-drive can access the chassis.

Last edited by bm323; 04-19-2010 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 0