View Single Post
      08-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
alex_c
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 f10 535i

Tell the dealer to read the manual.

The suspension is made up of many components, not just the shock absorbers. The shocks only get adjusted with ZDH, that is true, but they are only one component. The active stabilizers are adjusted with 2TB and ZDH and that clearly changes the feel and behavior of the suspension.

I have driven both vehicles, one with ZDH and one with 2TB. The sports feeling is more pronounced with ZDH, but there is a very, very noticeable change in behavior and feel when you enable SPORT on a vehicle with 2TB. It is NOT due to the stiffening of the steering. You can see how the body roll is noticeably reduced with SPORT.

As for your dealer knowing in detail, I would be very surprised if he even knew that you get the switch with 2TB. Most dealers go thru life with the minimum effort to know their product. I am obsessive when I want to know something, and you will be surprised at how many so-called "experts" don't know jack.

Think of this: If all that was changed with the switch was the transmission, then why not just move the shift lever to the left and select S (sports mode) and avoid the confussion? The answer: because the SPORT button does change the SUSPENSION, TRANSMISSION, and STEERING.
Appreciate 0