View Single Post
      08-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #16
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_c View Post
Pete, I quoted exactly what the manual says. Can you please let me know where does BMW not support what I said? Also, have you driven the vehicle with 2TB?
Don't read the manual as gospel, I read the manual from the car I tested, while the Dealer Principal talked with BMW UK. The manual does not say what we may think it says. BMW UK confirmed that option 2TB with DDC (Drive Dynamic Control) does not have suspension tuning unless you add the additional packages. Even the iDrive menu with chassis configurations does not mean suspension hardware is present.

We did discuss this at the time in the other theads, referenced further up this thread.

Yes I have driven cars with and without 2TB, the 2TB car does feel different when toggled to sport on the DDC controller. But I assure you the car tested did not have any adjustable suspension systems. Hence why we got to the bottom of this issue with those who know in BMW UK.

BTW, the option 2TB is only £110 (sterling) here in the UK, so you only get options to tweak/change software parameters for that price, no suspension hardware. Dynamic Drive, the active stabiliser's cost is about £1,200's (sterling) worth of kit in the UK, but must be bought with VDC at £2,220. No F10 car in the UK can have Dynamic Drive as a stand alone suspension option. VDC yes, but the two are combined as Adaptive Drive.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0