View Single Post
      10-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #62
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
I have had i6 before and was not too attached with it. Sure, smooth motor but nothing that was so addicting that I will be sad to see it gone. The new i4 turbo is a decent motor. With the new i4 5series I got 37mpg average on a 200km drive with city (20km) but mostly highway at speeds between 110 kmh- 125kmh.

To me, since the i6 is the low level BMW option they are smart to make it economical. Nobody Is buying a 528 over a 535 because the 528 has a better motor. They are buying it to save money and now they can save money in fuel too.

I will say that I'm sad that there is very noticeable turbo lag with the i4. And I think you will see many complaints here about this.

I though would buy a 535 or 550 if I want a stout motor not a 528 which I would buy for economy.
So you would trade lag for turbo-torque?
So, that the 528 is cheaper is actually a negative, hence infer that 'status' is important..
And, you don't find the NA I6 anything special..

The exact opposite of me..
I LOVE the NA I6..
I hate turbo lag, the extra torque does not compensate me for it
I care less about status /can accept owning the 'lower' 528.. in objectivity, buying the 535 is not logical from a driving-enjoyment persective, you would only get it for its 'status' .. because adding a turbo is not a mod a everybody would do

They definitely underprice the 528 (w/I6) and overprice the the 535 (w/I6+turbo) .. the difference is human vanity wrt. social constucts
Appreciate 0