View Single Post
      03-12-2014, 07:07 AM   #4
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I'll add more to hit sin terms of refinement, as you'd hope, 2 generations on, the F10 is more refined than the E39.

I have a 530d diesel and no matter how good, a diesel will always be a bit more noisier, but despite this, once teh car is on the move, it is very quiet. Id'd be hard pressed to pick up it being a diesel once at speed.
So yes it is very quiet inside

My car as teh mposrt suspension, passive and its ok but I think teh tyres let it down.

I'd certianly be interested in know what the F10 is like without runflat tyres. Reading forums here, seems to suggest it transforms the car.

The runflats are a stpe backwards in terms of comfort and handling but the one thing they are good at is allowing you to continue with a puncture. I can speak from experience on this as in just over 11000 miles, I've had 2 rear punctures. On the second occasion I travelled over 400 miles on a flat at motorway speeds before having it replaced. Well over what's specced for the tyre and just proves how strong they are. I may have just been lucky with that though but its worth bering that in mind.

Please go and have a test drive in the model you want and then see what you think.
Appreciate 0