View Single Post
      03-17-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
Fox530
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Thanks very much for taking the time to give detailed replies, guys. The more I approach this potential purchase the more nervous I've become - I constantly see people comparing unfavourably with the E39, ie 'Interesting, here is a legitimate opportunity to compare the F10 favorably to the E39. Those don't come along often.' in the post above!

I love my E39. It is a fantastic car and I've had it for 8 years now. I too skipped the E60 because it just didn't feel anything like as good. However it can't hide it's age and I really do think it's time I replaced it as my daily driver (Happily the values are so low that I can justify keeping it as a second car!).

Something I've experienced from the odd poke around F10's is flimsy doorcards etc. Are these Friday afternoon cars or does the car genuinely feel less substantial inside than an E39? I've resigned myself to the fact nobody makes an E39 anymore and whatever I buy might not feel quite as solid and rattle free, but I still want something that feels like a quality product.

One thing I have noticed from some time in an F11 on 17's is tyre noise thats noticeably more intrusive than that in the E39. Is this purely down to the RFT's and cured by banishing them?
Appreciate 0