stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Have you seen Le Mans Blue on a 335i with the M-Sport package ? It really is a great color, IMHO.

I owned a silver MB 190E many years ago, but to me silver now looks boring (both Titanium and Cashmere), and white even more so. Black cars are too hot in SoCal heat, and you're right, they're a bear to keep clean. My wife's 2008 750i is Monaco Blue, very similar to Imperial Blue, and also way too dark, about as bad as black from a heat and cleaning perspective (and boring). Dark Graphite is just a lighter version of black, and Space Grey falls into the boring category (or at least the B&W category). I don't know WHAT color Tasman Green is, it certainly isn't green, really just another grey. (has anyone seen one on the road or at a dealer ? I certainly haven't). Milano Beige is kind of interesting, certainly not boring, but you can't get that color with the M-Sport package, so it doesn't matter anyway. Mojave ? Riiigggghhtt (never seen that one on the road or at a dealer's lot either). Deep Sea Blue or bust, or Le Mans Blue if I REALLY want to be happy.
I find that Imperial Blue looks good on sunny days because the reflection of the sky accentuates the blue. But under clouds it is not so great.

I do prefer deep sea blue. I also like LeMans blue a lot - my brother has that on his 330d M-Sport cabrio. But I do want the M-Sport and don't want to pay for paint, so that basically leaves me with choice of Imperial, Sophisto or Space.

I wouldn't bother with green or bronze or those other colors. I just find them to be non-BMW like.

I mentioned interlagos, but I think I really meant estoril is my favorite. I'd like my 550i to be this color:
Appreciate 0