03-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #12
TheGr8Swami
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i M-Sport w/XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13
I agree the folks in Sterling did a Dinan suspension on my old e92 M3 and I was impressed. These guys have a shop right near BMW of Sterling correct?

Hey Swami..what info do you have on stressing the stock turbos w/Stage 4 Dinan Intercoolers? I've not heard anything and am setup to do my car when I get back. Would love to share anything you may have. I gree Stage 2 is pretty nice but why not just go up to Stage 3? I have it and its great!
It just makes sense to me that pulling Stage-3/4 numbers with just a free-flow exhaust and upgraded intercoolers on stock turbos is a disaster waiting to happen. I can see if Dinan designed a system utilizing upgraded turbos but when you start pushing high boost with the stock units failures tend to occur more often. When I was running a B5 S4 and upgraded to Stage 4, I had to replace the stock turbos, fuel rails, injectors, intercoolers, TCM, headers, and some other items for the car to be stable. I have enough fun with 500hp/580tq to push the car to the point of very expensive repairs!