12-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #43
enigma01
Fight On!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3; g30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT C6 View Post
But, BMW needs to offer the 550xi with DCT.
Knowledgeable driving enthusiasts aren't going to accept anything less than a DUAL CLUTCH TRANSMISSION in 2010+.
I don't understand your obsession with DCT. I would bet you $100 that the 550i (or any of the non-M models) will not be available with DCT. Even the M5 is questionable due to the cost associated with making DCT that can handle the amount of torque generated with a high output FI engine.

Even the X5/X6 M's are not available with DCT, and there is little reason to believe that BMW will put a very costly option on non-M models.

Its availability and cost aside, you should really test drive the new Steptronic (X5/X6 M) to judge how it performs. It even comes with the launch control and is fantastic (if you are into not shifting manually).

If you are really into driving (as you claim you are), just ditch the automatic transmission all together and go for the manual. While you are at it, you can also ditch the AWD option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple1 View Post
article in english for you all to read

http://translate.google.com/translat...ml&sl=de&tl=en
Yikes... it's really difficult to read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mii View Post
F10 5er is slightly longer and wider with much longer wheelbase while standing a bit lower. Amazingly F10 kept all that in good proportion.

BMW F10 5-Series Dimension
Wheelbase: 116.9 in
Length x width x height: 192.8 x 73.2 x 57.6 in

MB W212 E-Class Dimension
Wheelbase: 113.1 in
Length x width x height: 191.7 x 73.0 x 57.7 in
Just looking at the pictures, I would have guessed that the 5 is smaller (look at the rear seats compared to the E). I personally think the 5 has become too big (and too heavy) for its own good. I wished that BMW would keep the dimensions and weight in check, but I guess it was too much to ask
Appreciate 0