05-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
The only vehicle that comes close to the GT in luxury/comfort is the LWB F01 7 series, and that car can't match the outright flexibility/utility of the GT. Case in point, with the seats folded I was able to put my BMW Cruise Bike (yeah I know I need a 1 800 # ) in my GT without removing the front wheel and/or scratching or soiling a thing.

Please don't anyone say that the Audi A7 is a competitior to the GT. The exterior of the A7 is not bad, but It can't touch the interior of the GT. I couldn't fit comfortably in the back without hitting my head due to the sloping C pillar design. The handwriting pad is a nice touch but I wasn't blown away by the ergonomics or the materials used - even on the top line prestige model. A young salesman tried to tell me the A7 shares the same platform as the Panamera I told him he better do a little bit more research - internal and external - before he tells any more customers that info. I think I hurt his feelings..he ran off.

Again at present the GT stands alone in its class for the sheer value of acutally shairing the chassis/platform/luxury of BMW's flagship - Just my two cents
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0