bmwombat
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013

Garage List
Need Advice re Pirelli P0's

Hi all,

MY brand new car (1650 kms) has developed a huge bubble on the driver's side front tyre (Dunlop RFLs of course) - I have no recollection of hitting that tyre on anything. Because the car is so new & this is apparently a new variant of this RFL,there is no replacement stock in the country & there won't be for at least 6 weeks. I can't wait that long as I have a major road trip planned in 5 weeks time & need reliable tyres for it. BMW have quoted me $A990 for a replacement when it becomes available - the usual highway robbery!!!

Irrespective of whether or not the tyre manufacturer agrees it's a warranty fault (& knowing my luck it won't be) I am still up to replace the faulty tyre &, because i can't get the same tyre I really need to replace both front tyres so I have matching rubber on the front - so I'm up for around $A1,000 to do that anyway.

At this stage I need to make a quick decision & thus keeping my stock 351M rims is my plan - I'd like to use Michelin PSS's but they don't make them in a 245/40/19; next choice was a PS3 but they don't make a 275/35/19 for the rear (assuming I later decided to totally ditch the RFLs [which I'd like to do]).

So the next best bet in a Pilot Sport is the PS2 which makes those size tyres for both front & rear.

So my question is - does anyone have any advice, war stories about Michelin PS2's - good, bad, indifferent?

[*****************UPDATE*********************]
Since I wrote the above the following has happened...
I have now confirmed that Michelin do not import ANY tyre combo into OZ that suits my ride (apart from their Primacy RFL - which I obviously don't want). It Turns out that since I put this 1st post up I've found out I was mislead re the PS2s as well - I can't get a matching set of them either...bugga!

Yes guys I know I can get the PSSs from the US & I may just have to end up importing them myself but I need a short term fix as well in order to do my road trip.

Now thinking of Pirelli's P0 - any thoughts?

Last edited by bmwombat; 03-26-2013 at 09:45 PM..
Appreciate 0