Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
Never in a million years would I have imagined that America's only F1 race would be on a crowded residential street in Jersey. This blows!!
Monaco is not crowded or residential? Singapore? Valencia? If the race was in Camden I would see your point but you could throw a baseball into midtown Manhattan from the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
Something on the West Coast would be nice or even something like Miami. Jersey just doesn't have a good sound to it. F1 needs something upscale. Put it in a vacation spot, make it an inviting destination.
Yeah, NYC is certainly not a vacation destination and definitely not upscale at all...

The track is INCHES into NJ and will probably be labelled the Grand Prix of New York or US Grand Prix anyway. The NY Jets and NY Giants have shared a stadium that is set miles into New Jersey for decades and nobody says boo. I can't imagine this being called the Weehawken GP or the Jersey GP.

Profiling based on TV shows or stereotypes it pretty lame. Did you guys worry that the track in Korea was going to be surrounded by nail salons?

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0