01-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #10
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubturbo View Post
Look at the bright side... the paint held up! If that were my Lexus the paint would have come off on the tape! haha
haha, nice one

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
Wow, 4 sec faster from 80-180 kph, very impressive.
Yea, when I first heard some of the numbers they didnt sink in. While waiting for them to finish up I realized just how much faster on paper my car was and was getting pretty excited about driving it, by far the fastest car I have owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidair View Post
I´m glad You are happy with the result! Told You you wouldn´t be disappointed.

I know what you are talking about. It really makes a difference.
Low end torque is addictive.
Double thanks to you Cid, not sure if I would've went through with it without hearing your experience, especially when you ran into problems and how much Hartge and the Swiss insurance stepped up even though it wasn't their fault. Speaks volumes about Hartge. Like Jörg said, "enjoy your new car!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinF10 View Post
Thanks for sharing.
The difference in performance is stunning, must be very close now to an M5!
I'm thinking about a visit to Hartge with my X5 35d.

Enjoy and drive safely!
Thanks Edwin, I know I can eat at M3 for breakfast now but I would have to pack a BIG lunch for the new M5 and hope the driver gets weak kneed above 200kmh, lol, which is possible.

Lots of folks who dont even own the F10 talk about the steering (including car reviewers who wished they had one) fact is, with the stock options I have on my car, I will run it up to 260kmh and its rock solid like a champ. The ACSchnitzer springs make a world of difference but it was good before them too, they just take it to the next level.