View Single Post
      11-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #1
rsyed
Lieutenant
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW

F10 + Alpine White + M-Sport Packet + 20" 312 = :)

So guys (and girls),

am a proud owner of a f10. As with all my other cars, my love for BMWs, Diesel engins, white cars, M-Paket, big alloys with m-suspension results in what you see today.

I have been driving a 5 series for five years. At first a 530d manual tranny (between 2005-2007 and then from 2009- 2010), a 535dA (2007-2008) and a 520dA (2008: absolute draem car but unfortunately without a active steering). In 2009 i had two affairs; one with a 330dA (11 weeks; the ordering time for hte car was 12 weeks) and a x6 for which I waited 16 weeks but then it got stolen 5 weeks later. after the x6 incident, i went and bought back my old 530d from the previous owner and was happy to be driving with a car that was not sticking out that much. After a year I was mentally ready to order a new car again. Initially I wanted a 520d but because of the long delivery times, I ordered a 525d which then I changed to a 535d.

Anyways here the hard facts:
530d with Sportautomatic
Outside white, inside black with aluminium hexagon trim
comfort seats
4 zone AC
navi prof + bluetooth + usb
active steering
pdc
automatic tailgate
comfort access
xenon
speed limit info
hifi professional dirac
black/white emblems
20" pirelli/dunlop wintertires on 312 ferric grey

So here a quick update on the car:

Hui:
+ Navi Prof: amazing big display. Big wow
+ the ambiente inside the car is so luxarious
+ sportautomatik: when using the paddle shifters, teh reaction time is so good
+ m-suspension + 20": exactly how a car should feel and drive
+ active steering: must-have option. can't judge whether the steering is as direct as wiht the e60 as i sold my old car a few months ago
+ consumption: amazing consumption. nearly as econcomical as my old 177hp 520dA. I did munich vienna last night (doing someting like 80-90mph, i got 43 mpg uk or 36 US mpg.
+ hifi profession: whether paul potts oder black eyes peas; the sound is very very pleasand and decent
+ no noises from body trim: was not the case with my x6
+ very quiet noise level inside

Pfui:
- the auto dimming mirrors dimm much too dark. if you order this option, a blind spot deteciotn is a must have
- the comfort seats are not as comfy as the comfort seats from teh e60. but i would defintiely order the option again simply because i like the adjustable side bolsters.
- under the boot, there is a huge battery and a small battery. no space for things to store. it looks terrible. if a bit of water gets in there, i smell big trouble.
- no spare tire on teh car. WHY?????
- i can not have the sport mode programmed to stay every time i start the car. i must be doing something wrong.
- the trims are very very soft. the belt hit the trim (which can happen when you open the belt too quickly) and now it is alreayd has scratches.
- rear has less space than on the e60.

What would i order different in future?
+ seat heating rear: if you have a 4 zone AC, people will always ask in winter where the button is for the rear seat heating
+ if auto dimm mirrors, then only with blind spot deteciton.

So here are the pics - enjoy...

cheers
Attached Images

Insta: bmw.shitbox
Appreciate 0