03-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #81
v12
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp View Post
Good news for iPhone users. iOS6 is finally supporting iDrive Office integration via Bluetooth MAP(Message Access Profile). Bluetooth MAP is the protocol used to retrieve email messages through iDrive, which currently only works with Blackberry and a few other devices.

Couple shots of my wireless non USB connection using my iPhone 4S with iOS6 Beta 1. iOS6 Beta 1 is still a little buggy but this is a great start. I suspect the (Sender Unknown) header will be fixed with the next beta release.

I am also running the latest Connected Drive Bluetooth and USB update from BMW. BMW Update Link

Update 06/25/2012: *iOS6 Beta 2 released today. *The senders name now displays in the message header. *SMS Messages are still flagged as Email and not text messages but are still readable and functional.

Update 09/19/2012: iOS6 GM was released today. Only SMS messages are currently working with the release. Email messages are currently not working.

Attachment 710467

Hi - Thanks for posting this thread +pics.

Your Version Number is TX- 3.5.4 - 3.4 in the picture above.

I am trying to get a F10 produced in 2010, model year 2011 to work with either an iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1.2) or Samsung S III (Android 4.1.2) to work nicely with the phones over Bluetooth.

This page: http://www.bmw.com/bluetooth
Says to check the "Version Number":
In BMW vehicles with the new generation iDrive, please proceed as follows:
press the "Tel" button on the iDrive Controller, then "Options" and afterwards select the submenu "Bluetooth info" and "Display system info".

*** How can one upgrade the Version Number/ software to the latest avail. regardless of production year? Is that even possible?

That appears to be different from this:
This page: http://bmw.com/update
Based on last-7 of the VIN, the latest update avail is UPD01006. The content of that update is applied based on the "Version Number" above it seems and it installs MX-3.5.4, TX-3.5.6 in my case.
Appreciate 0