shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskdale View Post
I Emailed Patryk and apparently his Retrofit uses different wiring than the factory standard. So this enables the USB and Aux socket to be used in place of the Snap-in Cradle. The Snap-in is not used then. With the Factory standard you must connect the iPod via the Snap-in cradle. but as there is only 1 Snap-in for the iPod and this does not support media the only solution other than modifying it as per Patryk's modification is to buy an iphone 4 Media cradle and make some padding to hold the iPod in place. Not ideal.
Thanks to Patryk for clarifying this.
Yes, it seems the new Video Y-Cable by itself is not the cheap easy solution I was hoping it was. Since even the factory 6NF option does not allow for 6FL video, it's clear BMW is trying to drive 6NF and subsequent Snap-In adapter sales, which is fine, but not having an iPod Media Cradle in support of that is just ridiculous. Thankfully though, we do have the Bimmer-Tech retrofit as an option.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0