12-22-2013, 12:44 AM   #4
mikey0120
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F10 535Xi M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
Satellite is in serious ( no pun intended) trouble with iTunes radio, Spotify, pandora, etc. out there over Bluetooth. Besides Howard Stern ( if you are into him) I see no compelling reason to go with Sirius other than convenience. 20 bucks for 5 months is what I'm getting as an offer but that is for an old receiver I had like 10 years ago. I am going to demand the same rate once my trial ends or I cancel. I rarely listen to satellite anyway with all the other options. I kind of feel bad fir them. Technology changed to a degree they couldn't have anticipated. Our gain I suppose as a consumer.
Competition is good and the vehicle manufacturers love SXM. There has been plenty of talk in the past of Satellite Radio going out of business since 2001, but here they are, stronger than ever. Additionally, they will have other revenue streams coming up in the near future based on telematics. OEM will be huge for them. Oh yeah, don't forget the used car market with the factory tuners built in. SXM added 1.5 million subs just from that channel alone in 2013, or at least that is what was reported.
Retired: 2001 E46 330i
Appreciate 0