08-07-2018, 02:40 AM   #21
bfleming
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Merc, VW, Porsche, Suzuki

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp123 View Post
I have a 520d, 2011 n47 engine, currently on 47k miles, putting very nominal mileage on due to be worry of causing damage to the timing chain and more importantly being towed in a journey and the disruption and inconvenience.
I had to read this a few times to decide whether or not you're being serious. If you are, then why bother having a diesel - or even driving - at all? Modern cars are broadly very reliable compared to older ones, and as someone that used to do 40,000 miles/year, there are certain cars I'd avoid as I used to see them by the side of motorways all the time. Like a 20 year old E46. Don't believe everything you read about timing chains.
Nominal mileage (assuming done in short distances) means the engine will never get up to full running temperature, meaning regenerations of the DPF will be few & far between. Not to mention oil performance as that takes even longer to get warm than coolant (which I suppose could and would affect timing chain longevity). I'm not having a go, I'm just... well... baffled.
Anyhow, 6WB is the full digital instrument cluster, 6WA is the 'half' digital cluster. Most F10's have neither, just the smaller display under the rev counter. Both 6WA and 6WB are popular retrofits.
Suzuki GSXR 750 2004/04
Appreciate 0