View Single Post
      09-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #16
avelvin
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530d M Sport xDrive wi

Ok, interesting this but it is now working for SMS now.

I re-paired my iPhone 4 to the car as suggested and it made no difference.

Then I paired my wife's iPhone 4S and SMS started working, so I thought it was down to the fact she had the newer type phone. Then I reconnected my iPhone 4 again and this time SMS started working with my phone. Quite bizarre !!

Still can't get email but happy SMS is now working.

You don't get a notify sound but instead whatever screen/menu you are in, whenever a new SMS comes in, my 3G symbol turns into an envelope. All I have to do is press my voice control button on the steering wheel and say 'Messages' and it takes me direct to the new message. If you are driving you can use the I drive controller to scroll down 2 clicks and get the system to read your message back to you so you don't have to take your eyes off the road to read it. Quite clever really albeit the English is not always perfect but it works well enough.

I have an iPhone 5 coming in the next few days so it will be interesting to see if the feature improves or email works.

I'd still be interested to hear from other users about whether they have got theirs working any better.
Appreciate 0