View Single Post
      04-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
doneo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 550i Xdrive

2013 550 Xdrive Modding Progress

In February I picked up a Space Grey / Cinnamon 550. I came out of a 2012 E350 4 Matic and although I had a great experience with MB products I was really hooked on the 550's looks and performance. This car strikes a great balance for me. It's my daily driver and I can play around with it enough to satisfy my habit. To date it's been the best performance sedan I've owned. I've been on the forum since the first week I got the car and have been looking at all of the great things you guys have done with your cars so I started taking the plunge almost immediately. I've uploaded pics and added the list so far. I've driven a Dinan Stage 3 car at my dealer and love it, but I think I'll keep the motor stock until I'm bored before I go there. The thing that I've had the toughest time with is the wheels. I love the HRE mono blocks and the MORR's but they are pricey and I live in the NYC metropolitan area and don't know if I want to deal with the road damage. I have the factory BMW wheel insurance and my dealer tells me that the policy will cover any factory wheels so I'm leaning towards factory BMW 356's in liquid black or a set of 20" M5 take off's (I'm not into the poser scene so I'm still not sure on these), but I'm not in a rush. I'm not lowering it either...NYC commute and front splitter add up to stock ride height for me.

Mods:
Painted front and rear reflectors.
Carbon Fiber Front Grills
Carbon Fiber Side Marker surrounds.
BMW Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
BMW Carbon Fiber Front Splitter
BMW M Performance Rear Diffuser
US Millworks front license plate mount.
White Line Tails

I'm happy so far, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the help and advice!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0