View Single Post
      07-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Hatchbacks in the USA have always had a hard sell. I, personally, don't understand why and have owned a few (the latest, the 5GT). This by itself is a strike against the GT here. I like it for its flexibility, and, I fit in it and can enter and exit much more easily than I do in the 5-series sedan which was the primary reason for getting it in the first place. I do wish they'd made the leap to provide a diesel for it here, but that may be coming. Since I tend to keep my vehicles for a long time, who knows what may be available when it's time to replace it. Now, if I could justify it, the i3 might be a worthwhile addition, but it wouldn't work as a sole vehicle, and I can't really justify a second vehicle - I will check it out carefully when it does arrive, though!

To those that say the GT is ugly, I say, beauty is in the beholder, and to me, it's fine. I get a lot of favorable comments from non-BMW owners, so I think it is a relative thing. Form over function in a decent wrapper is fine with me. Without the rear, it wouldn't be able to carry as much, and that would be a problem.
Appreciate 0