View Single Post
      06-29-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
530i-2002
Private
Rep
Drives: e39 530i

Thumbs up Ultimate drive event 2010

So I drove the new 2011 535i vs MB E350 last night at my local Ultimate drive event. The 'event' itself was not quite what I expected it to be - I attended some 'events' in the past (original X3 launch and MB SKL launch) where they allowed you to drive the cars around the 'course' and all. This one was more like a bunch of teenagers giving out the keys, but whatever I guess, at least I was able the two driving back to back.

The E class impressed with really nice interior and that is pretty much it. I mean its a nice ride comparing to a Caddilac or a Towncar I guess, but it in no way can be compared to the new 535i - loose steering, little torque, plushy ride, idiotic I-Drive controls. I was seriously impressed by the new 5 though - as large car as it is (and I am currently driving e39 530i which isn't a small car) the driving dynamics is great. Amazing amount of torque with the automatic box and even better brakes, I mean this car felt faster that both MT 335i and 135i I drove before... Although I am not considering getting another 5 at the moment this would be a blast daily driver...

And by the way - never got that 'special offer'...
Appreciate 0