10-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #127
Pete.J
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT (F82)

Garage List
What?!

Are they serious?? The 5 series hasn't been out for long at all..

I know it has been out for 2+ years, but it doesn't feel like it at all. May be I just feel like that coz I don't see much of them on the road, it seems like the F10 5 series isn't as successful as the E60 although it's a way better car! may be that's why BMW wants to refresh it a year early! For example here in Australia I see way more Mercs E class than 5 series! Not sure why though?! opposed to the E60 generation back 2005, they were everywhere, and you'd see one E class or one Audi A6 for every 5 or 6 E60 5 series back then! strange?!

The current E class Mercedes was released before the F10 5 series and it hasn't been face-lifted yet!

Also I'd imagine that the Cadillac CTS, Jaguar XF, Merc E class and the New Audi A6 designs would appeal more to a lot of people than the 5 series. The 5 series is just too classic compared to other cars! The E class for example has a lot of sharp edges and corners in it's body designs which definitely makes it look very aggressive! Just imagine how cool the 5 series would look like if it had a similar aggressive fascia like the one in the F30 3 series.. The F10 just looks so weak/classic! It looks like a car from 2004 or 2005 lol

This is only my opinion of course, so it doesn't mean much! Also I know 2 guys in their 50s that were looking to buy a car in that segment and both of them avoided the 5 series coz it looks like a 3 series from a distance! BMW still can't understand that if someone spends a lot of money on a 5 or 7 series he would want it to look totally distinctive from the cheaper models, he would want others to know that he didn't go for the lower model class! Think of how different does the E class look compared to the S class and then have a look at how similar the F01 7 series, F10 5 series look like.. *sigh*
Appreciate 0