06-09-2012, 02:32 AM   #8
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitrasetMan View Post
I am hesitant to be so certain that the 6WA in the Tech Package for the 2013 F10 is not the new MFID, and I will tell you why - If you try to build a new 5 series on the BMW UK website, you can add as an option, for 115 British pounds, the "Black Panel Display," which is described as a:

"Full Black panel technology, as described on the left, but additionally with a high-resolution 9.2" Info Display below. This shows such information as current fuel consumption, range, on-board computer functions and trip and mileage counter in parallel with navigation prompts. The display features Black Panel technology, when the ignition is off, it appears as a flat, Matt Black surface. The only three-dimensional elements are the Chrome rings, open at the bottom, that encircle the display’s dials. As soon as the vehicle is opened, the Chrome rings turn into full circles, and the dials and displays appear. (Only in conjunction with Headup Display)."

And here is the kicker - guess what the BMW code is for the UK "Black Panel Display"? "6WA". Are we surrrreeee this is not the same 6WA in the U.S. Technology Package?

Thoughts?
That is really the 6WA instrument cluster with extended contents, not the 6WB multifunction display. 6WB has the chrome rings openings to the inside, not to the bottom, and have more features than the ones you have listed, namely the different dials according to different driving settings.
Appreciate 0