07-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGr View Post
Hi, I currently own a 2007 e92 and i'm selling it at the moment and thinking of a 535d F10.

Context: became father recently, like sporty cars (the e92 has m pack), do an average of 30k km/year (mainly freeway), like the sport/comfort combo but tend more to the sport side.
Welcome and parabéns!!
Did you also consider the F11? The boot is huge and should give you the versatility that is normally required or desired when you're carrying all the baby gear in the car.

Quote:
I would like some advice on what would be the extras you guys recommend according to given information.

Mandatory: M Pack, Professional GPS, 19' rims (351), colour black, sport auto gearbox, leather, tinted windows, wide instrument panel, xenon lights.
Nothing to comment, really, except that you might also want to check the new multifunctional instrument cluster (option 6WB)...

Quote:
Doubts: Colour - Carbon black or azurite (individual)
Suspension - plain M sport or damper control with active steering, etc.. (i've read about a somewhat souless steering feel, doesn't all that technology contribute to it, and in that case, original m suspension would be preferred - i've got m suspension on my e92 and don't complain about it.
Seats - M or comfort (i really like my back side support on my e92 and can't say i suffer from back pain even on long journeys)
Alarm? Folding back seats? Headlights assistant?
The sound will be aftermarket.

Biggest doubts are the suspension and steering choices and the seats.
Sorry for the testament, help appreciated..
Color - as far as color is concerned, I think it is a very personal thing and I would never tell anyone "dude, that color sucks". Having said that, I do prefer "Sophisto Gray" above all other, and "Carbon Black" as a relatively close second place.

Suspension - coming from an as standard as you may get E60 530d, having Adaptive Drive was a must for me because it completely changes the car behavior at the press of a button. The "Sport/Sport+" modes' suspension setting may not be the same thing as the M-suspension and the car will be 10 mm higher, but you can also enjoy a comfortable ride when you have the baby on-board.

Seats - go for Comfort seats, no questions asked! They are THAT good...

Alarm - I also thought about adding it but then who gives a damn if a car alarm is buzzing, at least in big cities? If you do insist, I'd recommend going for a professional 3rd-party thing (which I might also consider once I bring mine to Portugal).

Folding back seats - add any option that gives you more flexibility. You'll need it!

High beams assistant - I had it in my 530d and found it to be quite useful and a good active safety option, especially when you are driving in the night in twisty roads.

Other options that you might also want to consider (from higher importance to lower importance):
- Head-Up display - brilliant feature, works fantastic and it is a real step forward in terms of active driving safety
- surround view package - the F10 and F11 are very big cars and the top-view and PDC are very helpful to avoid hitting objects, sidewalks, etc.
- tire pressure monitoring system
- active safety for passengers
- Internet, smartphone connectivity options, Apps, etc, for a nice ConnectedDrive experience (we still don't have a lot of options in Portugal but I am sure BMW will be adding them as we come along)
- moonroof

When are you planning to order the car?
Appreciate 0