12-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECBMW View Post
22k so far on the clock.

I could look into extending the warranty but how much does extending the warranty cost?

What would be a decent cost of change,lets say today be and in about two years assuming warranty is extended for two years (approx value to give me an idea)?

Thanks
So you have very low mileage, at 22k miles, which does make the cost of change look high for the mileage. Not had the value out of the car, as I see it.

Extending ownership with an extended warranty will be cheaper than buying again, as years 4 & 5 are typically lower depreciation than the first 3 years.

But look at it this way, a PCP or lease of say £550 a month is around £13k over 2-years, so you are in no different a position than guys like xs2man for costs over the term. There is very little in it, if we buy or lease, when we do the math. We all have to pay the depreciation for the period, one way or another.

The other factor is how much money you have tied up in the car, do you still owe on it? That can influence how and when you want to move on. But that is more your personal circumstances, than the cost to change.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0