View Single Post
      03-16-2011, 12:14 AM   #72
kd6lor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamsha View Post

So basically you dont want them to do any improvements because you already bought your car and noone else should have the improvements if you cant.

There will always be something bigger and better around the corner, its how the world works, does it really matter at what intervals that is allowed to happen?
I haven't yet bought the car, and I am of like opinion. If you buy a 2012 early in the cycle, then you are driving a car that feature wise will not be the same as a 2012 later in the cycle. It used to be that this would only happen if you bought a car of different model years, not anymore.

I am not at all opposed to improvement of the model line, but am not so anxious to buy when I know if I wait "just a little longer" I can get a new feature that isn't available now and isn't likely to be able to be added. In the run of the 2012 5 series, this includes the combox, color HUD and black panel dash. None of these features are undesirable and offer a significant upgrade in the auto. These are things that people typically wait a model year for and are typically features that distinguish a model year from another.

I was prepared to buy a F10, but waited because of the combox. The combox cars were arriving and I found myself in a cash pinch at year end. Thinking I would buy shortly after the new year, I heard about the black panel and color HUD. NO WAY would I buy a car without those features... Now I am wondering what will occur next? What did I do? Buy an extended warranty for my 335... bummer, but I have enough of a time dealing with a volatile stock market and small business. Last thing I need is buyer's remorse because if I had waited just a very short time more, some fabulous new feature would arrive. The type of thing I would expect at a model year change, not quarterly.

What this looks like to me is not an innovative company, but one who is trying to bring a hastily engineered product up to current tech after releasing a rushed to market product.

Paul Jaruszewski

So what do you guys think will be added to the F10 next?

btw., saw a beautiful new white 535 405 fwy South exiting Harbor Blvd. tonight. Tinted windows, paper plates. That was me you almost hit... No worries, didn't mind the closer look at your car and got to see how your suspension handled quick maneuver... Very well! PJ

Last edited by kd6lor; 03-16-2011 at 12:19 AM..
Appreciate 0