04-20-2019, 08:16 AM   #96
Jamrockbwoy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 550i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpriest0303 View Post
I finally got a chance to get this Quad upgrade done today. Shout out to Richie @ United Exhaust Shop in Ronkonkoma, NY who got it done very effortless.

The two hangers from the M5 muffler (front/back) are perfectly aligned with the M5 Diffuser. There are no modification done on both hangers. They fabricated a 10 inches pipe to marry the 2.5 and 3.0 pipe (535 size pipe and M5 Size pipe) and aligned the muffler.

They also managed to installed my Black Chrome 3.5 Cyba Quad tips and aligned that too.

Here are some of the Pictures, not the best shot but all i got

I got more pics of the whole process should anyone wanted to see them just PM me.

The initial start up sounds definitely added a nice growl to it and did not notice any drone on a normal highway driving at all.

The shop suggested if i need more sounds is to delete the resonator and do a straight pipe which will most likely be my next mod.

I also used a stainless steel hose clamps to hold the valve open if anyone curious whether i left it close or open.

Any question, please let me know.

Thank you all!
I know this is really old but do you remember how much they charged you to do this work?

2015 550xi - current
2015 428xi - retired
2010 328xi LCI retired
Appreciate 0