View Single Post
      06-28-2020, 12:45 AM   #97
gr8brwnshark
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528i, 2006 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Bringing back this old post since I've recently just installed an M5 diffuser on my 2013 528i w/ M-Sport Package WITHOUT COMFORT ACCESS and there were some questions that were still unanswered for me before I installed it. To answer one question many have asked, the removal of the bumper will likely still be necessary even if you do not have comfort access. I didn't have comfort access however I did have to remove my bumper and replace the old adapter with the M5 adapter. In regards to the prior posts regarding removal of the bumper, it is true that only 4 screws needed to be removed: 3 under the wheel well, and one located underneath the drip trim panel on the taillight. I was fearful of removing the bumper however I was able to do it after some time, with the help of someone else and with enough force pulling back. Once that was done, I was able to get into the adapter that needed to be replaced. IMPORTANT TIP: you can use a trim removing tool, one that's headed with a thick triangle to remove the series of tabs on the old adapter. I didn't know this prior and broke one of the tabs trying to pull it out, if you have the right tool, you can insert it into each of the tabs to snap them free from the metal part of the bumper. After removing the adapter, I was able to easily snap in the new M5 adapter. Since I don't have CA, all I needed to do was fit the TPMS sensor and mounted this behind the adapter in a small slot with some double sided tape. Snapped the bumper back into place, screwed it in, and then was able to smoothly install my M5 diffuser. I have my quad Remus Exhaust ready to be installed sometime this week and I couldn't be more excited!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0