View Single Post
      06-29-2010, 12:15 AM   #85
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Based on lap times later?? Based on the planets aligning correctly?? Who won the race and by a pretty large margin? Umm...no son...maybe you should go back and watch and listen. Once SB knew LH was gaining he responded with nearly exact lap times. So how would LH have caught him then? Even in your LH ruling fantasyland where there was no SC delay, LH would not have caught SB and won the race. But I'm sure you'll wave your magic crystal ball and figure out a way to disprove me on that as well.

I swear you LH fans are such biased douches. I have zero problem acknowledging LH when he does well despite the fact that he has zero class. Yet you LH lovers will come up with greater fantasies than those written by JRR Tolkien to make excuses for LH. Such a joke.
I don't see how you can say he has no class. Every time I've seen him interviewed, or on the podium as a winner or runner up he has always been respectful and fair in my eyes. Him and Jenson have what seems to be a great working relationship. They both seemed very respectful towards Vettel's win as well.

On Alonso bringing up Hamilton's safety car issue, Alonso is only upset because he didn't get to sneak by the safety car as well. If Hamilton had slammed on the brakes, 1. it would have been a great liability to Alonso who was beating down on him, and 2. it wouldn't have been competitive at all. He would have waited for a few seconds for the Safety car to actually cross the line before him. The only mistake he made was simply lifting off when he saw the safety car. That hesitation is what caused the whole issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Only mistake LH made was to lift... Had he not hesitated and not lifted, he would have crossed the line first before the SC... This proves that it was not intentional and that he hesitated and thought about it and his hesitation was the real mistake
+1
People that don't like Hamilton will read more into the situation. Accusing him of intentionally halting Fernando while slipping through. However, if that was truly his intention it was executed quite poorly. Far worse than any F1 driver would. Hence, I believe it was a true hesitation where he saw the Safety car just after he rounded the corner, but he saw it over in the pit exit lane. He lifted off to take a second to judge his approach speed and then decided to follow through. Alonso also wasn't anywhere near Hamilton as he first approached the Safety car. So had Hamilton gunned straight through immediately, Alonso would then have been in the situation Hamilton ended up in. Then of course, Alonso would have bitched that they had received the drive through penalty.