United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog CFP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenks89 View Post
What's up guys!

Got my car fully paint corrected and then coated with Opti Guard about two weeks ago. Haven't seen to much info on this forum about it so just wanted to put my .02 in.

AMAZING! Having a Jet Black car it only took 2-3 washes (proper two bucket etc) to start seeing light swirl marks and other marring. This is the most PITA paint I have ever had on a vehicle by far! Something had to be done. Enter Opti Guard.....

My detailer had been telling me about it for a while so I finally pulled the trigger. It's a great product. Water beading/sheeting will freak you out the first time you see it. Nothing seems to cling to the coated finish at all (dirt, grime, brake dust).
Have washed it twice since being coated and it is literally spotless after the initial rinse. Quite incredible. The coating is also supposed to make etching from contaminants out of the question. But time will tell on that one. Best part is there is no need to wax or seal because they will not bond to the Opti Guard. So only thing needed are basic washes, maybe a quick detail spray for added gloss, and tire shine. Cuts down on cost big time.

Overall I am very pleased so far. If anyone has any questions let me know!

Jenks, your paint look really amazing. Would you ask your guy, who applied this to your car for you, if he knows anyone in San Antonio who does this?

Thank you.
Yeah I can ask for you! From what I understand optimum can also refer you to its licensed dealers. Might be the best route if you want to have it done professionally.

2012 535i Jet Black M Sport
2011 335i Retired
2008 Range Rover SC
Appreciate 0