05-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
What was your impression? Of course the F10 handled the best, the MB E350 was second and as expected - the Lexus GS350 last. They should have at least brought along some sport packaged equipped cars to drive, or at least the one 550 on display to go along with the 535's we were allowed to drive on the course.

According to the marketing rep, people in attendance at these sessions are among the first group of people in the US to actually drive the car. He stated that the cars for the event arrived in port last Monday and were driven to Gulf Stream in enclosed trailers until commencement of the event. They kept daily mileage logs to ensure that the vehicles were not driven prior to the event. Aside from the cars in rotation at the recent auto shows, these are the first production car ready cars in the counrty. The marketing rep also stated that upon conclusion of the Ultimate Drive Events scheduled across the country these cars will be auctioned off to dealers as CPO demos - they should have no more than 300-400 miles on the odo when the events wrap up.

For those of you who have ordered the F10 I am sure your expectations will be met. I was just curious to see what similarities existed between the F07 and the F10. The answer is hardly any, save the front - lower air dam , exterior door handles, interior knobs and switches, while the center stack orientation is different. The F10 is much narrower than I expected interior wise, however, the exterior seems notably wider, and slightly longer in comparison to the E-60.

The standard suspension cars, which are the ones we were allowed to drive, handle very well. We were allowed to beat on them pretty well - keeping in mind there is only so much one can do on a slalom course errected in a parking lot - but I personally was able to get the rear to step out in a controlled fashion while on the throttle. The professional drivers just plain dogged the cars
Attached Images

2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0