View Single Post
      06-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
spuck
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Drove the new 2011 5 Series!!! WOOT

No, this post isn't about a e90, but i couldn't resist to share the goodness.

So I got invited to a BMW drive event over the weekend, here in montreal, where they had the only 6 bmw 5 series (2 550i, 4 535i) currently on the road in canada (that's what the instructors said, but i did see another white 535i driving around downtown Montreal this afternoon).

First impressions, amazing... no questions asked, the adjustable suspension is soo damn awesome I can't explain it. Switching between normal and sports, completely transforms the car. They setup a short track for us to throw the cars around, and i mean "THROW THEM AROUND"... as long as the DTC stayed on, we were free to push as hard as we could... and boy did I ever. Compared to my 335i xDrive sedan, it didn't feel any heavier in the bends with the suspension in sports mode, though a bit slower to 60. The 550i on the other hand, with its glorious twin turbo v8, was SCARRY fast..

The nerd level on this car is mind blowing, from the LCD screen on the dashboard, to the 6 different cameras, the HUD, the 8 speed transmission, the electronic handbrake with automatic stop/go, the owners manual integrated in the iDrive, the little scrolling wheel on the steering wheel... for a techno geek like myself, this car is pure joy.

Now for the pics...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0