12-30-2011, 03:04 AM   #10
Ellmat
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 3.0D MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomer123 View Post
Huh! No black & white problem? How odd. I have no idea what it could be sorry. Well, my only thought would be that the Efficient Dynamics feature, "Active Aerodynamics" had failed. Ths is a vent that opens and closes behind your kidney grills.

"At the beginning of a journey, your engine needs more fuel when starting from cold. So to help ensure every trip you make is as fuel efficient as possible, Active Aerodynamics automatically closes the air vents to help your engine reach its operating temperature faster. This also helps improve aerodynamics, reducing air resistance to cut your fuel consumption even further. The vents are only opened again to allow the breeze to flow through the engine and braking system when cooling is required."

Unfortunately, because my 30d is housed in the E90 3 Series, there is no engine temperature display so I cannot compare with you but it does feel to warm up very quickly indeed.
Everything was checked including the sensor for the radiator slats.

The important thing is that i have got all my money back and have now ordered a new 530D M Sport with lots of toys...only 12 weeks till i get it !!
Appreciate 0