View Single Post
      06-29-2010, 08:31 AM   #7
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Nice story. I only have the 704 sports suspension and the 8 speed autobox with flippers... and I must say on long journeys it's comfy but in tighter bends it's still a boat so I think I'm going to buy the Eibach Pro Kit in about a few months. But in longer faster bends the somewhat floating chassis feels very secure and safe/fast. A real BMW...still.

The car is very quiet and the fuel consumption is so much better than the E90 M3 6MT I came from, also the autobox is doing a great job(a few years ago I hated autoboxes in general)

So to me the only thing is the boatlike behavior of the car in tighter bends which is somewhat logical, it's a small 7 series and still heavy.

Also the electric steering needs some time to getting used to. I 've driven 1200 miles now in 3 weeks...

The car is also 'fast enough', I several times touched 130/140mph(also today) no sweat where I'm from. Beyond 140mph it takes a little while to go to (topspeed on the speedo) 262kmh/163mph and still in a rather comfortable way.

Great car, but I want to have the suspension a few clicks sportier, more direct if possible(I'm running on Goodyear Excellence 19"RFT's)

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0