07-16-2009, 07:18 AM   #36
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy430 View Post
first of all, to all the ppl saying that this is bland I can almost guarantee you that when it is unveiled it will not be bland. BMW has carefully put the camo in all the right places and with that camo design it does an excellent job of making the car look very bland. the "character" crease (or w/e you wanna call it) that runs from the front to rear on the sides, cutting through the door handles, is very well camoed, it looks like the side of a Camry. trust me, all that camo is thought out first of all as to where it goes, it's not just ripped from the car randomly when the tester feels like he wants to peal more camo off cause he's bored. so ya.... IT WON'T BE BLAND!!!

and i really love what they did to the front looking at it from the side profile. it looks like they borrowed this from the CS concept, the nose as you go up from the ground is angled forward instead of the traditional angling back to be more "aerodynamic". i think this makes it look very nice because it's very subtle and makes it look aggressive and classy at the same time. exactly how a 5 series, or a BMW for that matter, should be like IMO.

Wow, I'm so excited to see what ONE crease in the side of a car will do to make it look more dramatic...

lol

The trunk is shaped like an e90 and the side will have one body line...

wow

On the flip side, what you mentioned about the front, I had not yet noticed. It will be interesting to see how that looks without the camo, and in person, however, I'm guessing it will be a shrunken version of the new 7er...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0