View Single Post
      10-23-2015, 11:54 AM   #106
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Soooooo... I got off work this morning after a long night at Work i decided that hey I'm a slap on those Wheels! So I'm looking for the wheel lock as I've never taken my wheels off since I bought the car. So nothing in the boot in the back. I popped off the complete cover where the battery is and nothing. Nothing in the glove box, door pockets and even the sunglasses compartment! $hit...i even popped the hood for $hits and giggles...NOTHING! Now I called BMW and what they told me that because I bought the car CPO and not new they are not responsible for the key. I told them they never gave me a key So they said I would need to bring the car in because they have a "master set " to see which one it is...than they would have to order the wheel lock and than they said they would charge me for it? I told them "are u *ucking kidding me! He said with no hesitation "no...that's not our problem that's your problem!" Unbelievable customer service!
Something is not right here, so you havent had a flat tire, brakes or a tire rotation since owning your car? If you have, the wheel lock is in there somewhere. If you don't find it and don't want to deal with the dealer, just take your car to a tire shop (call them first ) and have them remove the locks. They can usually impact them off with a special socket that they pound on over your lock with a hammer, assuming theres clearence in the lug hole on your old wheels. Or take it to the dealer and have them remove your locks with thier "master key" and say f' it and don't get another stock key, (yes you can drive home with only 4 lugs per wheel) you can get locks for bmw for like $30 bucks I'm sure the replacement key will be more than that. One more thing, after you get this figured out I hope you plan on putting your wheels yourself.. I would never trust a tire monkey to use your new lugs or attempt the install, if they scratch them you will go ape shit crazy

Last edited by Teddylongtooth; 10-23-2015 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: Don't call me teddy! Call me Mr. Longtooth!
Appreciate 1