View Single Post
      08-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #13
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d SE

An update at the end of week 3. Mileage now up to 2,931 with this week's (Mon-Sun) driving summary looking like this:

This week I finally started feeling comfortable driving the car
1) Fine tuning my drivers seat so that it gets the right balance between thigh support and pedal reach,
2) Getting more of a feel of handling and chassis. Gone is the twitchiness I was feeling from the back and the play in a straight line. How much of this was my over-correcting my own slightly unrefined inputs?
3) Have reformatted the 60GB hard drive plugged into USB in the arm rest. It was showing as two drives when searched - an hour's faff and I managed to delete the recovery partition from its old use in a laptop. Now much easier to search, but still need to make the effort to try playlists and see if they are easier to navigate

In terms of lighting I have switched DRL back on. Without it the Auto lights were switching themselves off in conditions I would have left them on. In my E91 I had the light switch set to dipped permanently so am used to driving with my headlights on, and since doing so have found that a white 5-series with lights on during the day makes other cars consider pulling over to let me past. I can't think why...... I do switch to sidelights when its brighter, the angel eyes are halogen but pretty bright.