View Single Post
      12-12-2011, 07:55 AM   #11
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCE90DRIVER View Post
But for now it isn't "Illegal"... I suppose you also believe the Media is controlled by "Liberals" and that FOX "NEWS" is "Fair and Balanced"

Meanwhile, I'd still like some opinions about this specific issue... perhaps we can arrange to petition BMW NA.

I would appreciate a serious reply to the specific, posted issue... if at ALL possible in this Forum.

Thanks In Advance,

Joseph
Joseph,

The reason you have Stop Start is because BMW (as well as all other manufactuers) is being forced to adopt higher fuel economies. Because BMW still strives to be a high performance brand, they have the huge task of having to design for horsepower, yet reach those increasisngly higher fual mileage figures. This is the very reason for their migration to turbo charging, adopting more gear ratios for transmissions, direct injection, and now stop start. Although somewone may come out with an aftermarket fix to negate the Stop Start, it will not come from BMW. They have to do this, and will likely be seen on all cars within the next few years. I agree that it must be a pain to defeat this every time and wonder myself if this has a long term affect on the engine. Knowing BMW, they have probably done their homework on this so have at the very least installed a more robust starter.
Appreciate 0