View Single Post
      04-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #67
Chili Palmer
Master Of My Domain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe

My wife and I drove a GS350 before we drove the '11 550 we bought. The Lexus interior is nice and I really liked the 12" nav screen, but on the test drive the Lexus just lacked the solid feel the BMW had and the engine really felt anemic. On the freeway doing about 70mph then nailing it, it just made more noise, kind of like a sewing machine, and then it finally started to take off, but not with any real urgency.

We then drove the BMW and there was no comparison, of course, this was a twin turbocharged V8 in comparison to a naturally aspirated V6, but the difference was vast. Where the Lexus felt light and tinny, the BMW felt solid and confident. And yes this car, even though it was used, was still another $8000 more than the new Lexus, but to me it was worth it. Plus with the M Sport package this car looks badass, and not like the Predator alien with its mask off.

Don't get me wrong, the Lexus GS350 is a good car, but to be competitive with the car they are using as a benchmark (BMW), they still have a ways to go.
Appreciate 0