View Single Post
      07-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #17
bdardashti
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i

Tony,

Call another dealer and ask them if I was to custom order a 520d what is the fastest I can get it? I've heard the F10 is backordered, but I don't know about getting it in 2011. Seems a bit exaggerated.

I'll answer some questions, but these are related to Canadian specs and order process. Some of the info may be incorrect in UK/EU, but most is probably similar.

USB vs. upgraded nav: In Canada, we have USB standard. This is in the centre console. If one gets nav (we only have the highest level nav, the one you ordered), they get an additional USB in the glove box. Difference? The one in the glove box is used for copying music from a USB stick to the internal drive. I may be wrong, but I don't think you can play music from a USB or iPod through the USB plug that comes with the nav system. I'm going to my dealer on Monday, so I'll try it out if I remember. So if I'm not mistaken, you still need USB interface for iPod playback.

Factory is closed for August (at least based on what I've read in different BMW forums over the past 5-6 years). If your car is coming in September, it's likely getting built in July. If it's coming in late September, I suppose it's possible that it gets built in September and you'll have the changes implemented. You can still change options until before it enters production. So if you wanted to change colour or add something, you can do so if it's not built already.

But check with another dealer to see what happens if you order a new car today.
Appreciate 0