SriRamJaiRam
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 i35d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaleke View Post
To all mods gurus and suspension gurus here;

I've been reading good feedbacks on ACS springs here and seems more and more owner here are leaning toward the springs. I'm interested with the ACS springs myself too but worry on the stock shocks & struts wearlife. My question is, to everyone here on ACS springs, any input on the stock shocks/struts wearlife? My car is going to be my daily drive...
Second question, aside from the cost, what trigger you to choose the ACS springs instead of going the coilover route?

My other option is either KW v2 or street comfort..

Any input is greatly appreciated...
I have a 2011 F10 550. I started with ACS springs. The drop was ok, but not as low as I would have liked. There was also a phantom noise that I had from the front that would only happen at super slow speeds while loading the steering. No one could figure it out at CEC who installed the springs and also sells them. I now have KW V2 and love it. Right height is perfect. Since I don't track my car, no need for more adjustments as I'm not gonna crawl under my car to adjust it. The stock settings are perfect. Really important to corner balance your car after the coil over install. Make sure you get that done at the right place. It gets the suspension to work perfectly. I know it costs more for coil overs, but it's the way to go. Here's some pics of my car. www.bmw550m.com
Appreciate 0