Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8-6IX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
Has anyone ever had a check engine light for dirty intakes valves? Walnut blasting is a good idea when tuning, but I would be focused on coils and plugs before carbon cleaning just like everyone is saying in this thread. At worst dirty valves are gonna give you poor mpg and rough idling. MAF could definitely be a problem, but of course try cleaning it first.
I doubt you would get a CEL for it, but generally you want to do walnut blasting every 60k regardless of what other maintenance must be performed.

also, dont make the same mistake I did. having old spark plugs (60+k) accelerates the wear of your ignition coils by alot. unfortunately I had to change a failed ignition coil yesterday which otherwise would have lasted me alot longer if i changed spark plugs at 60k. will be replacing with a fresh set on monday.
Good call on the plugs. The N55 doesn't really need walnut blasting until closer to 80k. This is info from a good mechanic friend of mine who does nothing but BMW and specializes in walnut blasting. The N54 is whole other story where you should perform that service every 30-40k. Not sure if that's the case on the V8, but props to BMW on the super reliable N55
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0