View Single Post
      09-15-2016, 11:14 PM   #30
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

Hows the dinan shockware software is it worth the price?

i thought of going the dinan suspension route, but instead went with ACS springs because of the 1" drop for 550i.

i believe it was only 1/2" on the 550i with the dinan.

looking forward to seeing pics soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4thewin View Post
The Dinan springs, as I found out are relatively simple to install on a 550i but a bitch to install on a 550i xdrive. Dinan quotes 9 hours and it took all of that and then they did an alignment to make sure everything was good to go. The drop is only about 3/4 of an inch front and back, but the XI is so high that anything is an improvement. Will take pictures of the after install and post them, wanted to wait until I have my new wheels on it as I think visually, switching from black to silver wheels is going to make a big difference in the overall appearance with the drop.

I did the Dinan springs, bumpstops, and Shockware and two things I noticed quickly just driving away from the shop. Dive and squat on the 550i xdrive is pretty pronounced from the factory and these springs really firm up the feeling and consequently the handling. Dive and squat on braking and quick acceleration is radically reduced and throwing the car into a quick sharp corner with the suspension in Sport + mode corners flat enough to made the tires on the currently installed 8 x 18 wheels scream for grip.

Once I have the VMR V710 20 x 9 in Hypersilver with the fatter rubber installed, the car should really be where I want it handling wise. Had a delay in getting the VMRs ordered as I researched some other options on wheels but keep coming back to them as a good classic sporty look for the F10.
Appreciate 0