Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFREAK View Post
Well that is a good job for sure. I have CS5 and I tried to make the image I was getting from the 15-85 look right and it just never did. It looked ok but just a little too stretched on the edges. The D7000 is good, but I was saying that I was thinking of the D700 for myself and that it has better ISO perf than the 5D. Both are good but the D700 beats it, but I think Nikon generally does better in ISO performance from what I have seen in many reviews and tests. You are lucky you can get a clean shot at 1600 ISO. The t2i can not do this, I have tried. 800 is the limit.

I just should of spent more and done a Full Frame body right off since it is more along with the performance and features I am looking for now. I really did not know enough about what I wanted when I got it and it was a bit of an impulse buy. I also listened to people who said the glass matters moret than the body. True to some extent but the sensor matters just as much along with the features in the camera. the T2i lacks some features and abilities I want. I know the T2i is capable of a lot though.
Shooting at ISO 1600 doesn't require luck, it requires correct exposure. Expose Right (to the right of the histogram) and know how your equipment works. The 7D and the T2i share the same sensor, so I'd be surprised if I couldn't duplicate my shot with the T2i. Lightroom or DxO is where to apply noise reductions. PS is not as good and LR is also a better place to do your geometric corrections.

LR, DPP and DxO are for RAW conversion, lens correction and other global adjustments. Save PS for masking, touching up isolated spots, HDR stacking and pano stitching, where its power is well suited.

Don't follow one impluse buy with a second one. If a D7000 is the camera your want, don't buy a D700, wait. If you decide to stay with Canon, then the 5D2 isn't going to disappoint you in its high-ISO performance. Realize that as soon as you buy either a Canon or a Nikon, there'll be a new camera out in six months that'll "beat it" is some aspect. The announced Canon 1D X looks like it's going to blow away all FF cameras in terms of ISO performance, fps speed and AF quality. That'll last no more than a year and some camera from Sony, Nikon or Canon will beat it in some or all of those aspects. That won't deminish the fact that it's a great camera with capacities that we could only dream of in the film days.

If you switch systems, make this the last time you do it. Buy good, competent bodies and focus your energy on getting the best lenses that you can afford for the type of shooting that you prefer.

Dave