View Single Post
      12-22-2011, 12:29 AM   #896
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

True it is a fine camera to learn on, but now I am read to go all in. I was wondering about the noise and how it would show on prints of normal size. I have been told that it really wont show unless you do a much larger print. That is good to know and realize that a little noise is ok. I am also trying to find some good people to go out and shoot with locally. I think if I am around some people that have been doing it awhile I will learn a lot mroe and get exposed to more places to have a chance at some nice photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
Don't think of buying the T2i as a bad choice/wrong choice. Think of it as a stepping stone to a better camera. You learned all the basics on that camera and learned that you're really enjoying photography. As a result of that camera, you have a better idea of what you would look for in future cameras, and what you can do without.

I see it as a necessary step in some cases. DC is an exception to that. He took a chance and dove in 100% committed to the 5DII and it worked for him. There are lots of people who try that, and you can find their 5DII's on creig's list or e-bay.

If you're looking for noise in a picture, you'll find noise. I can find noise in a 100 ISO photo. but it's at 100% crop if i do see it. If i'm at 1600 ISO I won't make it to 100% crop before seeing it, but I can guarantee that if i printed that picture on an 8x10 sheet, you would think it was shot at 100 ISO.

Basically what i'm saying is, If you're looking for it you will find it, especially when you start zooming in. a 100% crop on an 18 megapixel camera is a picture would take up likely about half your wall. Just think. Your high definition televion you have (1080p) is only 3 megapixels. So if you have a 40" and you're looking at the image at 100%. Then that image would be able to be seen fully on a televiosion that measured 6 times the size of a 40".... that would be a 240"

that's a lot of details....
Appreciate 0