View Single Post
      06-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #1
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

ACC Braking Question

Has anyone with ACC ever seen their car (using this feature) from behind during operation? I'm curious how braking is handled.

For instance, do the brake lights always light up under ALL braking conditions? I would imagine the answer is yes (for safety reasons), but I'm curious if anyone knows for sure. It made me wonder since sometimes the car is only slowing down 1 or 2 miles per hour to match the car in front, and it may need to do this off and on in traffic. Normal drivers may just lift off the gas and coast a bit, letting the distance between the car in front become slightly variable, but it avoids jumping on and off the brakes. Since ACC seems to more strictly maintain that distance, it uses the brakes often, even to compensate for 1 or 2 mph. If the brake lights are constantly on and off for these small adjustments, I wonder if it drives the party behind a bit nuts... as you'd probably appear to be a terrible driver off and on the brakes constantly.

Anyone with experience riding BEHIND their F10 with ACC?
Appreciate 0