View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #15
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MY2013

Thanks for the prompt help, HighlandPete and F11-Diesel. I appreciate it!
However, I am not ready to give in without a fight. There’s no way the F10/F11 would be a regression from where the E60/E61 left. My E60 530d was impressive in this regard. In the wet German weather, I would not use A/C during wet/humid days and still the climatization system would manage the airflow into the cabin and towards the windscreen in such a way that it would keep the cabin at the desired temperature (e.g., 20 degC) and at the same time blow hot air from the upper vents into the windscreen and into the side windows, all of this automatically. The car would do this with “auto” climate, “auto” recirculation and with A/C off. Only in extreme conditions would I need to use the “demist” button to clear the windscreen.
I believe that this might have to do with a faulty mist sensor (the car manual states that there is one) or some leak. Even if the wipers are working automatically (i.e., the car “knows” it is raining), there is absolutely no air being blown into the upper vents with “all auto” settings, with or without A/C. I can’t see any logic in it. For all I know, the upper vents are only working if I manage the airflow manually and this is not acceptable in such a high-end car.
The question I need some answers for is: on a rainy day, do you guys feel any air coming from the upper vents when all settings are on “auto”, with or without A/C?

Appreciate 0